Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Where's Your Destination?

When it comes to shoes I'm not really into heels.I only like(and own) clogs and wedges,but I barely use them.Oh yeah,I'm a fashion student,btw.So..I find myself weird not falling in love with heels and not being a fan of Jimmy Choo.Haha!I've never felt any comfort wearing them.That's why I salute those who could wear them all day long!:)
See what I mean?:)) Yes,that's a photo of the shoes that I wore last Friday.I found this photo in my phone.My friend was being weird and captured that not so clean Chucks of mine. :)) But it's a good photo!It's just bluuryyyy.HAHA!

Seeing this photo made me realize one thing:
"It's not about the shoes you wear nor about how you wear them,but it's about where you're going."

Last Friday,we had our 2nd week for our series Radical in U-Night. Pastor Daniel talked about Matthew 9:9-13.It's about the calling of Matthew the tax collector.Read it and you'll know that Pharisees are really disgusted with tax collectors and "sinners",they even questioned Jesus why He was eating with them,but he answered them with “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”(v.12-13). :)  
In Matthew 9:9, Jesus said to Matthew "Follow me." Jesus didn't care who Matthew was and what he did,all Jesus wanted was for Matthew to follow Him,because He knows that change will happen in Matthew's heart when he follows Jesus. Just like us right now...Jesus wants us to JUST follow Him.
God doesn't even care what shoes you're wearing,He just wants you to JUST follow Him.Are you wearing those expensive shoes that are so "in" right now?Yes?But where are you right now?Where's your destination?Are you following Jesus?

As a woman that is running the race with God,I've learned and still learning that it's not about what I wear that could satisfy and complete me,but it's about living my life WITH and FOR God.
"Be FASHIONate for GOD."-Ahya Andrew.Hahaha!:))
I was actually reminded of these verses...
I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.-(1 Timothy 9-10)

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."-(Proverbs 31:30)

No comments:

Post a Comment