Saturday, May 19, 2012

I Don't Need Easy,I Need Possible

This day has been a chill and rest day for me.Ever since I started helping in our family business this summer,waking up early and the Level Up camp I am really thanking God for today. :) One of the things that I did today was browse through my old Tumblr blog. So here I am,posting some of the things that I posted there before since I don't use it anymore.Heehee!:))
I got the title of this post from this movie--Soul Surfer.I just watched it this afternoon and this movie really left tears in my eyes.THIS IS A MUST WATCH MOVIE!But for the men..Guard your heart and your eyes!Hehe!:))

Bethany Hamilton is a born surfer.On October 31,2001,at the age of 13,Bethany was attacked by a 15-foot tiger shark while surfing off Kauai's North Shore. The attack took Bethany's left arm,seemingly ending her career as a rising surf star just as it was beginning.

Bethany's faith and determination just moved me.She really became an inspiration to me!Imagine yourself having one arm.Honestly,I can't even imagine myself having 1 missing finger.But this girl just proved this verse is true "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."-(Philippians 4:13) Yes,we always hear that verse since forever.But that verse gave life to Bethany!It gave her hope to surf again and to not give up even though everything seemed so hopeless.During one of the scenes in this movie,Bethany asked her dad to help her surf again,and her dad told her that it's not gonna be easy. That's where she said,"I don't need easy,I need possible." You see,her heart was so at peace that all she had was faith that she can do it because God is with her.She believes that nothing is impossible!Her courage was indescribable.She didn't understand why God allowed it to happen,but it didn't stop her from having faith in Him!And nothing stopped her from doing what she loves!Not even the shark!She just trusted God."Be strong and courageous.Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged,for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."-(Joshua 1:9) This verse was a really great help for Bethany to overcome and fight every fear that she faced to get back on board. :)

I believe that God allowed this accident to happen to Bethany to use her to be an inspiration to His children. We all know that there are a lot of people who are handicapped,and through Bethany's story,they find hope!She really is an inspiration to many!Even to me!:") Her story is life changing and it has been a tool to change lives also!:)

"Nothing Is Impossible" 
by Planetshakers
"Through You I can do anything
I can do all things
'Cause it's You who gives me strength
Nothing is impossible
Through You blind eyes are open
Strongholds are broken
I am living by faith
Nothing is impossible
I'm not gonna live by what I see
I'm not gonna live by what I feel
Deep down I know that You're here with me
And I know that You can do anything
I believe,I believe
I believe,I believe in You."

To know more about Bethany Hamilton's story click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment