Monday, April 16, 2012

When God Told Me To Be STILL

I spent my weekend at Pico De Loro with my family and the Lims and Agravantes(Taffy's family :]). It's one of the trips that I've been waiting for because it's the start of my summer vacation!:D BUT!Something happened...I got sick!>.< It's actually the 3rd time that I got sick during our vacation trip!Huhu!:/ 
I didn't even got the chance to swim in this beautiful swimming pool!:(
 BUT!!On the brighter side!I may not understand why it really happened..I just know that God is still in control!When I woke up yesterday morning(it was a Sunday),I had my quiet time and POOF it became Koko Krunch!HAHA!Okay,sorry I'm having a weird brain roiiight here roiight now!=)) Back to normal..When I was having my quiet time, these are just the words that God told me. "Be still and know that I am God."-(Psalm 46:10) Okay..Instead of swimming and having fun with my family,I spent my stay there lying on the bed--sleeping and resting...God wanted me to be still.Yes,I was still!!Because I was just there on the bed,I couldn't do anything but to sleep.Heehee!:)) It's not the first time that I've read and heard those words, but during that time, it really made me BE STILL!God knows what He's doing, and I know that it's just a lesson for me to STOP,LOOK and LISTEN!

"God considers rest so important that He built it into the rhythm of life. Without rest we can't see clearly; we began to see ourselves as more important than we are.

After Elijah's stressful confrontation with Ahab and Jezebel, he ran himself into a state of exhaustion. God sent an angel to care for him. During a time of stillness, "the word of the Lord came to him"(1 Kings 19:9). Elijah thought he alone was doing God's work. He had been so zealous that he didn't know that 7,000 others hadn't bowed to Baal(v.18).

Some of us may fear what will happen if we sit still and stop working. But something worse happens when we refuse to rest. Without rest we cannot be spiritually or physically healthy. God heals while we rest.

We all need stillness so that God can keep our spiritual vision clear."
(Our Daily Bread-April 15,2012)


Yes,I want more and more and more of God.But do I stop and listen to His voice?It's time for me to just really rest and listen to His voice.\O/ BE STILL!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment