Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What Fathers Do

Max Lucado is really one of my favorite authors and this is the book that I am currently reading.
Oh yeah!Btw,it's the Mid-Year Prayer and Fasting!:) Just want to greet all those who are participating a HAPPY HAPPY PRAYER AND FASTING!:) Back to this book...As I was reading it earlier,there's a story that really melt my heart.It's the story of Derek and Jim Redmond.I immediately went to my #3 best friend(GOOGLE.Haha!) for more information about them and I found this!Please please please do watch this video. :")
Arrghhhhh!!Very touching story right?:")
1.)Derek believed that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.He really persevered until the end even if he's already in pain.

2.)His dad,Jim Redmond,was wearing a t-shirt that read "Have you hugged your child today?" and a hat that challenged,"Just Do It." Myygoollaayy!!:"> It's so sweeeeet!

3.)This conversation happened...
Dad:"You don't have to this."
Son:"Yes,I do."
Dad:"Well,then,we're going to finish this together."
AND YES!!!THEY FINISHED THE RACE TOGETHER!:"""") *cry cry*

4.)Because his son is in pain, this dad moved like a ninja just to help his son finish one important race of his life,and Max Lucado is right!"That's what fathers do"!

5.)In connection with the mid-year prayer and fasting,I just want to share these thoughts from Max Lucado, "God is more moved by our hurt than our eloquence.What made the father do it?Was it the strength of his child?No,it was the pain of his child. His son was hurt and fighting to complete the race.So the father came to help him finish. God does the same. Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempt may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the one who hears it and not the one who says it,our prayers do make a difference."

6.)And as for me,"The One who is listening to our prayers is greater than the one who is stopping us from praying!" :)

2 comments: